Thursday, April 12, 2012

Oldies, but Goodies

So I didn't have this blog up and running around Valentine's day but I have to share these two super cute V-day projects!

I work at a Catholic school so I realize that most teachers can not put up this bulletin board, but I still wanted to share.

I got the idea from Bulletinboardideas

My board was not long enough so I had to tweak it.
My board is not really this wide, but to make it fit I just extended the black paper on my chalk board and made the border fit. Looks good to me! I didn't want to use actual cut out letters, I figured it would be too costly. So I used die cuts. I am not gonna lie, to cut out the letters themselves took an entire off period. And then it probably took me two full days to get it up the way I wanted it.

Part of the problem I encountered was that I would staple them up and then forget a letter and have to take all the other letters down again. I have since changed my method to doing bulletin boards...I use tacs first to make sure the placement looks good. THEN I staple. This sure has saved me a couple headaches!

Anyway, here is the board.....



Next cutie to share...

I decided against a theme for my classroom this year. Last year it was western, but I thought it was too dark in my room. I needed to brighten it up! This year I just went with bright colors. It's actually a lot of fun. I will post pictures of my classroom soon. Anyway, at my school 4th-8th grade have lockers and the lockers are in the classroom. To keep locker time from being overcrowded we put alternating signs on the lockers and call one "group" or sign at a time. (I will post all this soon too!)
It was hard to find locker theme to go with my bright colors so I just went with owls and moons. I like it!

So when I was trying to find a cute note to go with the students' Valentine treats I knew I had to choose this owl one from Living Locurto I just had to use them! Here are the bags for the kiddos!


What cute things did you do? I am always saving ideas away for next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment