Wednesday, April 18, 2012

PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!

A healthier pizza for your toddler (or any family member) in 10 minutes!!! Y'all, it really is a super quick meal!

If you are anything like me you try to feed your children the best you can. Sometimes I don't do as well as I would like, but my husband and I sure do try! We have always made our son's food, he has never even tasted jar baby food! So now that he is older (he is 2!) we still try to make as much as we can from scratch.

Like most kids, he loves pizza so that is what I made this week.
Here is a quick and totally yummy pizza you can make for your little one (and we like it too!)

Remember the spaghetti sauce I "spruced" up earlier in the week? Well...tada! That is what I used for pizza sauce...just pull some out of the freezer!





So, using that as the pizza sauce...gather the rest of the ingreidents:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Mozzarella Cheese

Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins

THEN....Pre Heat oven to 350

Spread a small amount of EVOO on the whole wheat sandwich thins, then spread the homemade sauce (you could use any sauce but its best to add the pureed veggies, the kiddos get the vegetables they need and don't even know it!)

Sprinkle on as much or as little cheese as desired...my son likes a lot! Throw on a baking dish, no cooking spray needed.

Bake for 8 minutes (y'all, only 8 minutes!)

Annnnddd.....TADA! A yummy pizza WITHOUT the grease! Awesome!



You could always add your (or your little ones) favorite toppings! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment